Born in Ottawa, Chris attended Carleton University and attained a Bachelor of Journalism (Honours) degree. He also holds a Master of Library & Information Studies degree from McGill University. He has worked as a newspaper & television reporter, a freelance journalist, a theatre manager, a technical information specialist, and as a library worker in public & academic settings.
After living in cities big and small, from Vancouver to Montreal, Chris moved to Prince Rupert in the summer of 2009 and founded Muskeg Press a few months later. Since then, the company has been involved in a variety of projects:
- published Muskeg News, a popular community newspaper/website, from July 2010 to October 2011;
- co-published No More Secrets, the cookbook of one of Northwest B.C.’s most popular restaurants, Cow Bay Café;
- wrote the corporate history of a social-services organization;
- served as the deputy electoral officer during an election;
- wrote a variety of grant proposals for various organizations;
- designed websites for local businesses;
- designed reports for various non-profit organizations.
Chris is always looking for new projects & ideas — email him today if you need help with any type of information.